Ergonomics and Balance
The Bare-Tool DCS370B offers enhanced valance and ergonomics. The cuts you will attain from this saw will be more accurate than most other mid-power band saws in the market. The ergonomic angles and holds of the saw ensure that user fatigue is dwindled to negligible proportions.
The hand hook integrated with the saw enables the user to safely hang the saw with the hook without rubbing the blade or the front handle in the wrong way. For long-lasting durability, DEWALT has induced a heavy-duty nylon base filled with glass. For better balance and enhanced overhead operations, the handle placement has been shifted toward the center of the equipment.
A mere look at the saw speaks volumes about the placement of the blade. While the center placement of the blade felicitates precision cuts, the manufacturer has also paid enough attention to the user requirement of blade adjustment. Better blade tracking improves the blade life on the whole and there is a no-tool lever that facilitates blade changing by alleviating blade tension.
The blade support system also derives advantage from the blade guide rollers empowered by dual bearing. In addition to it, the ergonomic and soft grip on the DCS370B provides much needed grip, flexibility and comfort to the hands.
Job Site Effectiveness
The lightweight and compact form factor of the DCS370B makes enough room for the highest degree of flexibility at job sites. At just a little longer than 15 inches and slightly lighter than 10 pounds, the DCS370B suits the parti-colored needs of plumbers, electricians, professional contractors and sprinkler fitters alike.
The light weight of the equipment exerts little tension on the arms and shoulders of the user when pitted against different metal materials like uni-strut, threaded rod and conduit. As the saw casts a comparatively small footprint, it is best suited for material cutting on elevators and other cramped spaces.
The DEWALT DCS370B is not shipped with the standard battery and charger that you might find in saws from most other brands. However, it is compatible with the 18-Volt XRP Battery System. The battery holds enough power to provide a runtime higher than 40%. The runtime is greater than most Ni-Cad batteries. Also, the battery can be brought into operation with any other DEWALT tool. This shall be a welcome feature if you have other DEWAL products in your house.
To provide a sense of additional comfort to the use, the rubber handles in the equipment are made from super-molded rubber to add another few layers of comfort. As already mentioned, an independent hanger hook in the DCS370B is what you will not find in most other saw brands. Once the saw has done its bit for the day, it can be hanged safely from the wall. This will free your table for other uses.
- Since the band saw is cordless, it is a great tool for cramped spaces like lifts
- The battery life on the DCS370B is one of the impressive feats of this bad saw. The batteries are also way cheaper than most other band saws
- The lightweight and compatible device can be fit in a 5-gallon accommodation
- The device is an ideal for overhead cuts
- High on ergonomics, the tool can easily be controlled with only one hand without comprising on the quality of the resultant cuts
- Storage issues are sorted neatly with an independent hand hook
- The lack of brakes in the device indicates that the device blade will be in operation for at least two seconds after it is switched off
- No additional replacement blades are provided with the device
- Capacity is not at par with other heavy-duty band saws, deepest cuts measure not 2.5 inches.
The DCS370B may not be the most powerful band saw in the market today and neither is it meant to be. But if you are looking for a compatible band saw that is high on ergonomics and battery power, the DCS370B is the tool for you.